Engraved knives are always in high demand among fans of knives. Their distinctive feature is engraved blade, which can be written or drawn anything. Engraving can also be specifically pen knife. In any case, it looks all nice, and therefore attracts people from all over the world. The most popular type of engraved pocket knives is knives with an interesting name kukri. Literally, the name translates as “biltong”. This is due to the fact that these knives are shipped to South America and were used just for cutting dry, cured meats. “Pocket Kukri” was made with beautiful hand engraving. The small but perfectly fulfills the function of a knife. Here are some advices of careful using of this Pocket knife engraved by different symbols.
Tips on Caring for kukri:
1. As the Pocket knife engraved by Kukri made of carbon steel, it requires care. Use petroleum jelly, asidol, machine or gun oil or means to care for car body parts to prevent rust after use and prolonged storage.
2. Try not to leave fingerprints on the Pocket knife engraved – they help build focal corrosion in these places. To remove fingerprints, use cloths coated with a polishing automobile cosmetics means or polishing pastes (including SOI).
3. If there are pockets of corrosion, remove those polishing pastes or sponges. In the event of large pockets of corrosion, use fine sandpaper, traces of which, after removing the rust spots to polish paste. Protect the place cleaned grease by Vaseline, polish metal.
4. When editing the blade or use Camas or Musset. Blade sharpening spends on bars with a rounded surface. Improper or careless use of electromechanical sharpening and polishing wheels can both damage the heat treatment of the blade and ruin the whole knife.
5. Made of leather and wood scabbard pocket knife engraved need regular maintenance. Do not dry them in the battery of steam heating, near stoves and heaters. Use quality tools for skin care – shoe polish and cleaners from dirt. In rainy weather, use repellent and special shoe waxes, conditioners or gels.
6. Stick with natural horns need periodic care: once a season lubricate their cosmetic mineral oil (such Johson Baby Oil).
7. Handle of natural wood clean of dirt. Not use furniture cleaners and polishes. To care for the use of timber quality varnish, wax flooring, boiled linseed oil.
8. When removing from the scabbard Kukri and sheathing – be careful. This tool is able to cause very serious injury inattentive or careless of owner.